Fossil Beach Farm Updates – COVID 19 June 17 2020
Fossil Beach Farm Cider House
- Please wait inline outside of tasting room.
- One family grouping may enter tasting room at a time
- We have lots of room for tastings in our picnic area please practice social distancing
- Dogs on leash
- Stay within the split cedar fence area
- Follow directions of signage and staff
- Please do not come if our are feeling unwell
Glamping COVID Cancelation Policy:
- If you are sick with any of the COVID 19 symptoms or are feeling unwell contact us to arrange rescheduling your stay. If you cannot stay with us again we will offer a refund.
- Symptoms include: fever, chills, cough, shortens of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, stuffy or runny nose, loss of sense of smell, headaches, muscle aches, loss of appetite, fatigue.
- If the Province of British Columbia government issues a stay in place order we will reschedule guests as needed free of charge, refunds in this scenario will be made available.
- Our standard 30 day cancelation for policy for full refund still applies if you no longer want to stay, or your travel plans change.
We are looking forward to welcoming quests and we ask a few special requests this year.
- Please come prepared. Please bring any medication you need and a small first aid kit with you. We would also recommend a thermometer, non-medical mask and hand sanitizer. Traveling with your own over the counter medications like Children’s Tylenol is also suggested.
- If you arrive and feel unwell, please make yourself known to staff and call 811 for direction. Please call 911 if it is a true emergency. Our island clinic will not be taking walk in clients this summer.
- Our first responders are volunteers so please do not engage in risky behavior so as not to unnecessarily put them at risk.
- Please call or text me if you have any questions 250 686 3481 around your health.
- Be mindful of social distancing guidelines.
What to bring
- Because of COVID the tents don’t include all of usual luxury’s this year. We will not have decorative pillows, games, binoculars or books in the tents.
- Each tent has a solar lamp, string lighting, flashlight, and a lighter for the fire pit (propane is also provided).
- Please bring your own towels and any extra blankets you may require.
- We will provide bedding for each queen bed in the tents, if for some reason you would like to bring your own bedding please let us know via email.
- The bathrooms will have shampoo, conditioner, and body wash.
- Please bring all your own personal care items and keep them in your tent so that we do not have to move them while cleaning the showers.
- We will have a kettle, French press style coffee makers, and some cookware in the kitchen. Because this is a shared space providing cooking supplies will be more difficult this year.
- If possible, please bring all of your own cooking supplies.
- We have two BBQ’s, a large cook top, pizza oven, and a fridge for your use.
- Please bring a bag to keep your food in if you plan to use the fridge to keep it separate.
- Guests often bring a cooler to have at their tents to keep food and beverages cool.
Check in check out protocols
- Check in will be 4PM to accommodate the longer cleaning practices.
- Please check your booking before you arrive and see which name tent you are staying in. When you arrive park directly behind it. You are welcome to get yourself organized and enter your tent, check out the ground etc. Please keep all shoes on the mat in your tent. There is no need to “check in” with any staff members.
- We will check in on you at some point and make sure everything is going well. This will be done from a distance.
- Please call or text 250-686-3481 if you have any issues.
- When you leave, please take all of your garbage to the bins near the cookhouse. Please do not leave any items in the tents.
- If it is not raining, please leave the doors to your tents open to let them air out upon check out.
- Please call or text 250-686-3481 when you leave so that we are able to know when we can safety enter the tent to clean it.
- We will not be entering tents during your stay. Please let us know if you have any issues.
- Bathroom and shower cleanings have been increased as per Work Safe BC guidelines.
- You will be the safest if you use hand sanitizer prior to touching the bathrooms (There will be sanitizer stations at bathrooms and in tents). Use the bathroom, and then wash your hands as you leave the bathroom.
- Please let us know if you feel that the bathrooms need attention.
- Please open and close both gates when you enter the property and leave. There will be hand sanitizer at each please use prior to touching the gates.
- Some of restaurants and cafes will have different hours this year. Most are offering take out. Sea Breeze lodge is having dine in options. Please call them for reservations.
- The Hornby Island COOP currently has limited grocery hours, this is changing weekly.
- Fords Cove has a small grocery store with essentials and is open every day 8am to 8pm with safety measures in place.
- The gas bar at the coop is open for fuel and some food items.
- As mentioned above there is limited medical help at our clinic this year, so please come prepared. They will not however turn away true emergencies.
- The farmers market is open with restrictions.
- Please adhere to social distancing at our most popular locations of Tribune Bay and Helliwell Provincial Park.
- We have plenty of space on the farm and our beaches for you to enjoy Hornby. Please call or text if you are looking for suggestions of what to do on island.
- Hornby Island Ocean Adventures, offers fishing charters and ocean cruises.
- Hornby Ocean Kayaks, has rentals available.
- Hornbyisland.com is a good resource of business on the island
- Locations of Hornby Artists can be found https://hornbyarts.com/find-hornby-artists
- Please check current schedules as BC Ferries.
- If you are traveling from the lower mainland reservations are encouraged to connect properly with the ferries to Hornby Island.
We are so thankful for you choosing our farm and for many of you who have kept your booking during uncertain times. We are so looking forward to having you stay with us. We feel that Fossil Beach Farm is the ideal location to spend some time in nature after all of this challenging time we have faced.
Please reach out to me firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or feedback,